The text and video below demonstrates, how existing Seamless SharPoint Workspaces and the stored documents can be combined with Office 365 Groups and Microsoft Teams.
Step 1 – Upgrade an existing Seamless Workspace to an Office 365 Group
Connect the existing Seamless Workspace to a new Office 365 Group and put back the homepage to Seamless. You can now use Seamless as SharePoint Workspace and/or as Office 365 Group.
Changes to the site permissions after Office 365 group connection
As part of the connection to an Office 365 Group the site’s permissions will also be connected to the Office 365 group’s permissions. This process will not take away any granted permission on the SharePoint site, but will allow the Office 365 group owners and members to have access to the connected SharePoint site.
- The Office 365 Group Owners get connected to both the site collection administrators as the site owners group: everyone who’s Office 365 group owner also has site collection admin permissions on the SharePoint site.
- The Office 365 Group members get connected to the site members group. Everyone who’s Office 365 group member is has the permissions which are granted to the SharePoint site’s Members group.
- Any other permissions granted on the SharePoint site stay as is (so for example viewers will still have view access, broken permission inheritance stays working as is,…).
- Permissions “flow” from the Office 365 group to SharePoint. Adding a person to the Office 365 Owners group will also make that person an Owner (even Administrator) of the SharePoint site.
- There a no permissions “flowing back” to the Office 365 Group. If you add a person to the SharePoint Owners group then that person is not an Owner of the group.
Note: as Office 365 Groups do not support the classic following function of SharePoint, transformed Seamless workspaces can not be followed. Already followed and transformed workspaces will remain the your followed workspace, until you stop following. All workspaces will be available in the Seamless Search
Step 2 – Connect the Seamless 365 Group to Microsoft Team
Create a new Microsoft Team based on the Office 365 Group created in step 1. The Microsoft Teams General Channel, as well as additional channels, will be automatically inserted into the default Seamless Documentlibrary. The existing folder structures and stored documents will reamin and you can organize your project and team documents according to your needs. New created OneNote of your Teams channels will be available in the OneNote tab in Seamless.